My name is Joaquin. I work in the IT industry, and I have created this map:
It shows that:
- Solidity: is quite mature and the community of developers is increasing, there are so many places where you can learn how to develop in solidity, and the documentation is quite good. There are other languages but not as popular as solidity: Serpent, Mutan, LLL.
- Certification programs : for developers and for the applications itself. This is a natural step that will happen sometime.
- B2C Vs B2B: right now the majority of applications are B2C, but I’m sure that in the future some B2B solutions will show up. B2B solutions are more difficult to identify as they are not always advertized publicly, right now the Pioneer CIOs are the main consumers that should be looking at them (settlers and town planners are still not interested on blockchain).
- Official DApp store: this is something that will have to happen in the future. Right now there are some places publishing lists of available distributed applications, but there are not quality checks and there are not enough volume of users using them and rating them.
- The API : the ability to interconnect with different environments is key, specially to promote the partnership between DApps that benefit to the end user, and hence enrich the ecosystem.
- Waste of energy: this is a constrain provoked by Proof of work (POW) method. At some time this should be reviewed. Ethereum is trying to move towards proof of stake in it’s next release Casper.
- Hyperledger: competition is a healthy fact, and a way to compare the evolution. We cannot compare apples with apples, but there are common components where you can determine some comparisons.
- Ability to run private transactions: right now this is not possible, you can set the transactions as visible or private for all users, but not for restricted users or roles.
- Reward for each block: the fact that there is a reward for each completed block makes the community to increase, this is an accelerator to me.
If I had run business in this field, I would do:
- pay attention about the evolution of the platform,
- the adoption of the platform done by the market,
- The ability to overcome the current constraints the platform has.
Any comment or feedback is welcome, thanks!