In my role as industry analyst I cover specific subsectors of the (cyber)security industry, and I’m looking into how to use WM to better understand the landscape. This is my attempt at a map from the perspective of an enterprise security team (“user”) looking at what important elements of endpoint security are.
(I created it in MindManager, so visual is a little different than usual)
It shows that:
- Vendor research is still a differentiation
- Management needs are commodity but highly visible
- Agents are still needed, but nearly commoditized
If I had run business in this field, I would do:
- simplify response and investigations needs
- pay attention to commoditization of detection engines and agents.
Would love to get some feedback on this map. We learn by practicing…
Thank you, and here’s to a great 2019 for all of us.